Tuesday, March 14, 2017

What happened to the sun?

Wow.  I got back on a few times this weekend, Reverse Beacon Network showing my 2w signal way down in the dirt, so to speak.  Current conditions are not that great.  I don't think the SFI has been above 70 since early last week...no sun spots in sight. 

Will be back at it tonight when I get home from work, I have been hearing a few stations on 40m but not seeming to be getting back to any of them. I even plugged in the WM-2 watt meter to make sure I was putting some power to the dipole...and I am. 

Momma said there'd be days like this. While we're on the topic of solar conditions, check out these links. 

Paul Harden NA5N on Solar Activity and Ham Radio.  This is from the Four Days in May Symposium back in 2005. In PDF format, 

This is from QST in 2002...by G3YWX Ian Poole. Understanding Solar Indices.

You may need to be an ARRL member to see the QST article. 

73 de KB9BVN

No comments:

Post a Comment