Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Squeaked one in!

Got on the air yesterday at about 4:45PM, the band was noisy, seemed to be a lot of static crashes.  I was hoping to work Jay AJ4AY in Alabama today but they were getting storms in Mobile so he had to unplug.  Ron WB1HGA, another fellow Flying Pig QRP Club member was lurking and after about 30 minutes of trying we finally made the contact on 7105.  Ron sent me a 339 and I had him 589 here between the static crashes and the noise.  The QSO was short and sweet.  Ron lives in MA so this is a new state for me and the HW-8.  He is also an avid QRPer, and I was hoping to work him while he was on his OHR-400.  The funny thing is that I sold him the OHR-400 probably close to 7 or 8 years ago, but it was not happening with the band conditions today. (SSN:35 SFI:82 A:7 K:3)

WB1HGA's OHR-400 - A Doug DeMaw W1FB design
Better luck tomorrow! 

de KB9BVN

No comments:

Post a Comment