Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday Evening Part II

That's right, Part II as in TWO NEW STATES!!  Yahoo!  I got back on the air tonight at about 02:00Z and started calling CQ on 40m, I worked the top the bottom and the middle, Reverse Beacon Network was barely listing me being heard anywhere.  At about a quarter after I started hearing a few more stations at at 02:12Z I worked Jim KG5OOU from down in Covington Louisiana.  This is a new one for me and the HW8 so I was eleated.  We traded RST and QTH and Name and then the band just went dead on us.  I got a 339 from Jim and had him at 589 for most of the QSO and then we just got swallowed up by the atmospheric noise and QSB.  I love Covington LA, I used to have a hospital client down there in St. Tammany Parish. I'd land at New Orleans airport and then drive across Lake Pontchartrain to get to Covington on the north shore.  Man the food down there is good...crawdads, frog legs, crabs, and shrimp to just go into a feeding frenzy on.  Mmmmm Mmmmm!!

I kept at and and eventually I got Jim W0CML out of Parker Colorado in QSO.  Jim is 73 and has been a ham for 55 years.  Colorado was another new state for me so that now puts me at 30!  Sledding will be getting a lot tougher now but I look forward to the fun of it.  Just goes to show, that no matter how bad you THINK the bands are, keep trying.   I also heard a loud station from Mississippi, another one I need, but they could not hear me.  Maybe tomorrow! 

73 de KB9BVN

No comments:

Post a Comment