Sunday, April 9, 2017

Family First

Well I did not get to be on the air as much as I had originally planned, things come up, more important than amateur radio.  It's hard to believe but that's the truth.  I managed to be on the air for about 90 minutes this afternoon, got one single contact today.  The Georgia State QSO party was well underway and I managed to work special station N4A, one of the North Fulton Amateur Radio League stations.  They had 5 special event stations on the air, N4N, N4F, N4A, N4R and N4L...if you worked all five you got a super cool certificate.  I only managed to work N4A, and I heard N4L but he could not hear my QRP signal today.  No sunspots. The 40m band was very iffy today.  

I talked to a couple of SKCC members online and they said they both had less than a dozen contacts on all bands for the Weekend Sprintathon.  When those guys are not making contacts, then you know the atmosphere is working against us.  There is always tomorrow, and like Forrest Gump's mom said....the bands are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get.  Well today I got the one that was filled with tooth paste. 

Got these cards in the mail yesterday!  Thanks to W4EAB and K2YWE.

W4EAB QSL Card
K2WYE QSL Card
Best 73 de KB9BVN

No comments:

Post a Comment