Saturday, May 25, 2019

WAKE THE KIDS!! NEW STATE!!

So I m on call all weekend, all holiday weekend, and I was sitting at my home office desk and had the K2 turned on and was listening to the QSB when I heard a CW CQ from WA4LJJ on 7042 Khz at abotu 18:41Z.  

I thought it was probably another GA or NC or SC station calling, and he was pretty loud,  so I answered him with the straight key.  Doug WA4LJJ is a Air Force retiree and is 77 years old, he is a good CW operator, and we probably could have chewed the rag for an hour but the QSB was becoming a problem. 

Doug lives way down yonder in Eastern Kentucky in Pikeville.  Pikeville is in Pike County and the population there is about 7000.  If you enjoy bluegrass music, and I do, this is the place to be.  Pikeville is also home to singer Patty Loveless, singer Dwight Yoakam, and aviator John Paul Riddle (he founded the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University). 

Doug is a higher speed operator and is a member of the CFO (Chicken Fat Operators #386) and belongs to the SKCC as #16280.  He is also part of the CWOPS group.  Check him out on QRZ.COM as he has a very interesting biography. 

73 de KB9BVN


No comments:

Post a Comment