Saturday, May 4, 2019

Indy to New York

Well my station has been off the air for about the last two weeks.  We've been having the entire house painted inside and out, and I was finally able to get some of my junque put back in the shack and connected to the Mojo enriched attic dipole antenna. 

So I tuned up to 7118 and listened for a couple hours, and did not hear much.  I had been watching a movie and keeping an ear to the radio when I heard Lou KD2ITZ from Yorktown Heights NY calling CQ, I was on the K2 set to about 10 watts output, the band was not in real bad shape and I had Lou a solid 579 here.  He was using a TS-590 at 50 watts into his dipole.  So not a bad signal at all.  If you have ever worked Lou before you know he has a great fist and makes for easy copy.  He remembered that we had worked each other in the past.  It's been raining at his QTH for a solid week like it has been raining here.  According to Wikipedia, Dave Matthews of "Dave Matthews Band" fame hails from Yorktown Heights NY as well as Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.  

KD2ITZ QSL Card I snagged from QRZ
I have been searching through all the boxes of my treasure and I am slowly getting things back together in the radio room.  Still can't find my K1.  Maybe tomorrow!

May the 4th be with you!

de KB9BVN

No comments:

Post a Comment