Thursday, February 21, 2019

The Streak Lives!

KB9BVN at the Key
I was worried that I would not get to get on the air tonight, my wife, my sister in law, and I went out to dinner at Culvers and didn't get home until 8PM...which just happens to be my bedtime.  (I get up at 4:30AM for work).  Once again I fired up the K2 and tuned her right to 7120 Khz.  

N5IXA in the Shack
I fired off a couple QRLs and no one seemed to mind...wasn't hearing anything either, so I sent out a 3x3 CQ and was immediately answered by Randy N5IXA out in Oklahoma City.  Wow, Oklahoma two nights in a row!  

Randy is SKCC 5896 and he was running 100 Watts from his Alinco DX SR8  into a Loop antenna. I gave him a genuine 599 from Indiana and he sent me a genuine 339 from Oklahoma.  I'm thrilled he heard me at 10 watts on the attic dipole.  Randy has been a ham since he was 15 years old, and is a retired ER Nurse according to his bio page on QRZ.  Randy is also active in the local community theater, which must come naturally to a HAM.  Right? Check him out on QRZ. You meet some of the most interesting folks on the CW bands.  

QSO was at 01:05 and ran until 01:16 on 02/22/19Z 

Best 73 de KB9BVN

No comments:

Post a Comment