Saturday, September 7, 2024

I saw an Eagle today!

Started off with a good breakfast then back out to US-4183 this morning...it was a chilly and windy 56F degrees but a glorious day to be in the outdoors.  I even saw an Eagle flying over Stone Arch Lake.  Very spectacular. 

I got setup by 10:15 and tore down one hour later with 22 contacts in the log.  Running the CW KX2/Eagle One combo at about 8 watts today.  Managed California, New Hampshire, Quebec, to Texas.  Log has been uploaded.  I think I had 5 P2P's today.  BTW this is the third activation in about 5 days with this KX2 and internal battery...time to put it on the charger, I always have a backup battery just in case.

The 20m band was where I did all my activity this morning. The band was a little bit muffled as the A Index was hovering around 8. I really prefer it being under 4 or 5 for best results. i was hanging out on a frequency of 14063 Khz, and calling CQ POTA at about 17 words per minute. I got my first 10 in the log in about 25 minutes. Best DX today was WB6POT out in California, and then maybe WX1S in New Hampshire. I have several contacts from Canada today, heard from Ontario VE3KZE, VE3GRG, and VA3NU, and then heard from Quebec when VA2EO contacted me.

Did not have any contacts in Europe or Asia today, but then again I was only pushing about 8 watts of RF out the trusty and never rusty Eagle One portable Vertical antenna. 

Map of my Contacts this Morning


The morning was extremely nice, but around 11:15 I had to pack up and head back home. I'll be back though, this is one of my favorite spots to setup at US-4183.  Only 14 days of summer left people, get out there and use it up! 


Until next time!  

72 de KB9BVN  (72 is 73 for QRP)

No comments:

Post a Comment